This issue of pages not printing black ink has been encountered by many users. It’s a common occurrence and nothing to get worried about. HP Officejet 4620 is quite a good printer to work out with but there are times where these faults can happen. So here’s how you can resolve the issue.
How to resolve the issue ‘HP Officejet 4620 won’t print black ink’?
Solution 1: Take a look at your cartridge
- The issue might be with the cartridge. Take a look at it and see if the cartridge is malfunctioning or not. Always make sure that you are using genuine products from HP as counterfeit products will affect the performance. If you do not have a genuine cartridge then buy a genuine one and try using it. The issue will be resolved.
Note- When you replace your cartridge, make sure to remove the little tape on the bottom of the cartridge as this ensures breathability of it.
Solution 2: Check you ink levels
- Another important factor is to check your ink levels. If the ink levels on your cartridge are pretty low then too the issue of black ink, not printing occurs. If the ink levels are low, then refill the cartridge or replace it. Then you’d be good to go.
Solution 3: Use Automatic Servicing option
- Your Hp printer comes with an Automatic servicing option and you can make good use of it. Go to the settings of your printer by clicking on the LCD of the printer. Then opt for automatic servicing. It will take a bit of time to get fully serviced. Once it’s done, you’ll see improvements in print quality and the issue may get resolved.
Solution 4: Change the paper
- Sometimes the issue is not with the printer but with the paper. Check to see whether the paper is free of wrinkles or not. Always use the type of paper that your printer supports. And also make sure to load the paper always print side down in the input tray.
Solution 5: Manually service your printer
- This step is recommended only if the above options don’t work. You can manually take out the cartridge, clean the debris, and place it back. Also, look to see if the printer is clogged or not. Clean the clogs and your printer should work fine.