This is a common issue that many Minecraft players face on Windows computers. Since Minecraft is a java based game, you need java in your system to run it. The could not create the java virtual machine error states that there is some issue in your downloaded java. This error usually occurs while launching the application. So, there is nothing to get surprised if you get this error in Minecraft.
When java doesn’t get enough memory in the system to use, this error occurs. So, by increasing the amount of memory for java, you can solve this issue. Here are some effective fixes for this error.
- Run the Java as Administrator:
In this method, you need to run the java download as an administrator. This fix will give administrator rights to java to solve this error. Here the steps for this fix.
- First, type Java in the Windows search box.
- Now, find the Java option in the search results and right-click on it.
- Then choose the Open file location option in the drop-down menu. This will launch the java folder.
- Now, you can go to the properties of java.exe by right-clicking on the same.
- On that window, go to Compatibility and check the box besides the Run this program as an administrator option.
- Now, press the Apply button and then the OK button.
We hope the error is solved now. Otherwise, you can try other fixes.
- Establish A New System Variable for Java:
Sometimes this error occurs due to low memory for java. So, by creating a new system variable, you can increase the memory for your java download.
- Launch the Run dialog box by pressing Windows + R key on your keyboard.
- Now, type sysdm.cpl in the Run dialog box and press the OK button. It will launch the system properties window.
- Then go to the Advanced section and press the Environment Variables button.
- On the Environment Variables window, locate the System Variables box and press the New button under the same.
- Now, write _JAVA_OPTIONS against the text box of Variable name and -Xmx512M against the text box of Variable value to create a new system variable.
- This will increase the RAM for java to 512 MB.
- Then click the OK button on the New System Variable and Environmental Variable window to close them.
Now, you have created a new system variable for java to allocate more memory to it. So, the Could Not Create the Java Virtual Machine Error will be resolved, and you can run the Minecraft properly.
Usually, it is a common error that occurs in Windows computers while running software. However, the above solutions can help you resolve this issue. If the Minecraft is unable to launch, then this may need admin access to run properly. Moreover, this problem also appears when there is a memory issue for java. If the Java installation has some problem, then you may get this error . The could not create the java virtual machine is a random error and can appear any time. So, make sure to resolve it immediately for proper performance.